Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit network of diverse state and district education Chiefs dedicated to preparing all students for today’s world and tomorrow’s. We advocate for the policies and practices working for students, facilitate a robust system of peer-to-peer advising among our members, and sustain a pipeline of the next generation of Chiefs. Join us in making tomorrow’s generation better than today’s!
Chiefs for Change is seeking individuals with outstanding program and project management experience and a passion for education policy and practice. The Policy + Program Associate will work with the Director of Policy, the Director of Programs, and the CFC team to create, plan, and execute programming that will recruit and support CFC members, Future Chiefs, and the board, comprised of bold state and local Chiefs from across the country. S/he will assist with all of CFC’s programming including plan– ning and hosting convenings, organizing workshops, coordinating peer-to-peer learning opportunities, resource development, drafting summaries and presentations, and a variety of due diligence, research, and data analyses.
Within those parameters, Chiefs for Change will consider candidates with a wide variety of skills, with a strong preference for candidates with experience working within district or state agencies or candidates with an education consulting background. Associates are based virtually, with occasional travel to Washington, DC, and New York City, as needed.
• Ensure program quality and assist with project management duties, program functions and development.
• Work closely with senior leaders at Chiefs for Change to create recommendations, detailed timelines and project plans for programming, strategy work, and new initiatives.
• Perform research on policy and practices related to CFC programming.
• Identify innovative solutions and best practices from local, state, and national resources to help design programs.
• Analyze policy and program design options based on CFC’s goals.
• Create and delivering presentation materials and analysis for senior leadership and CFC members.
• Prepare support materials and agendas for conference calls and meetings.
• Develop presentations, brochures, and other materials to support CFC programs.
• Create charts, graphs, infographics and other materials to visualize data.
• Support strategy and creation of knowledge management processes, tools and artifacts.
• Coordinate with counterparts in other organizations to develop strategic partners for CFC.
• Provide scheduling, travel planning and logistical support.
Skills and experience may include one or more of the following:
• Experience developing programming for senior education leaders, educators, or policy practitioners
• Proven track record of leading teams of teachers, school administrators, and/or districts/state leaders to markedly improve their effectiveness and student outcomes
• Experience leading or supporting large-scale change initiatives in education or other sectors
• Project management of complex new initiatives in education or other settings
• Experience with a professional services or consulting firm in education or other sectors
• Experience with research, data, and statistical analysis in support of decision making by senior managers of large organizations in education or other sectors
In addition, candidates must possess all of the following:
• Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines
• Ability to see a project from conception to delivery.
• Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context • Management consulting, legal, and/or education policy experience a plus
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision making capability
• Experience using Google Apps (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates we select to move forward in the interview process.