Chiefs for Change is seeking a highly organized, proactive, and thoughtful individual to be a critical partner and provide support to our members. The associate will seek to understand members’ priorities and will serve as a project manager who facilitates aligned supports.
The person hired for this role will work closely with the Chiefs for Change Member Support team to accelerate progress in key priority areas by creating tools, resources, and learning opportunities; connecting members to the best knowledge, organizations, and people; and collaborating with a subset of members through intensive and tailored supports. The position requires a person with strong project management and education experience, preferably in a district and/or state education agency. This person must care deeply about educational equity, the mission of Chiefs for Change, and our members’ work. A successful candidate has a proven track record of results, is motivated by impact, and demonstrates political savvy, strong project management skills, and support for bipartisan collaboration.
- Develop and implement systems to manage multiple projects across members and involving numerous partner organizations
- Create and monitor project plans, tasks, assignments, and detailed schedules to ensure work is delivered on time and meets all expectations for quality
- Monitor budgets, schedules, and project products and deliverables
- Consult with partner organizations to keep work aligned with member needs
- Identify, plan for, and support member learning opportunities and network connections
- Facilitate regular touchpoints with members and partner organizations
- Research member priorities and track member news
- Serve as an expert on potential partner organizations, understanding priorities, strengths, and engagement in member districts and states
- Support the policy and research needs of members
Skills and experience may include one or more of the following:
- Education experience, preferably in a district and/or state education agency
- Ability to be responsive, nimble, and nuanced during a period of uncertainty
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through
- Positive demeanor, curious, eager, and excited to work in a rapidly changing and entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
In addition, candidates must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three to five years of education experience with a track record of success
- Outstanding project management skills
- Outstanding problem-solving, critical thinking, and planning skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize items to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to see a project through from conception to delivery
- Willingness to hold oneself personally accountable for results in a rapidly changing context
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Passionate about Chiefs for Change’s mission and vision
- Experience using Google Applications (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
The salary and benefits for this position are competitive and depend on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates that we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.