Role: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Communications
Location: The person hired for this role may telecommute from anywhere in the United States.
Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education leaders. With more than three dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy and leadership development.
We are positioned to spread bold policies and practices, as we have:
- National reach: Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 454,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools.
- Diverse contexts: Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography.
- A model for disseminating promising ideas: We work with our members to advocate for policies and practices that make a difference for students.
To learn more about Chiefs for Change, please visit chiefsforchange.org.
Chiefs for Change is seeking a communications coordinator. The person should have a nuanced understanding of our organizational mission. They will be responsible for compiling information from our members’ systems and within the federal policy and national education landscape. The coordinator must be highly organized, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to work on multiple time-sensitive projects at once. Key duties include updating the Chiefs for Change website; maintaining multimedia archives; attending convenings and taking and disseminating notes; tracking key project metrics; performing internal reviews; and providing project management and event coordination support.
Reporting to the director of communications and working closely with the director and the chief external affairs officer, the coordinator must be committed to consistently producing a high-quality work product and must share the organization’s core beliefs.
- Compile information about work in our members’ systems and the education field
- Update the Chiefs for Change website
- Maintain multimedia archives
- Track key deadlines and progress toward goals
- Work across teams to provide a variety of event and project management support
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned
Candidates must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving and strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to produce accurate, timely communications and handle confidential information with discretion
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates who we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.