Position: Coordinator, Membership and Future Chiefs
Reports to: Director, Membership and Future Chiefs
Location: This position may telecommute from anywhere in the United States
Chiefs for Change is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education chiefs. With more than three dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and member supports.
We are positioned to rapidly spread bold policies and practices, as we have:
- National reach—Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 454,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools.
- Diverse contexts—Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography.
- A model for disseminating promising ideas—We work with our members, excellent technical assistance providers, and top-tier research institutions to scale innovative approaches designed to improve student learning.
To learn more about Chiefs for Change, please visit chiefsforchange.org.
Reporting to the Director of Membership and Future Chiefs, the Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining Chiefs for Change’s information databases; coordinating the execution of key projects, including collaborating with consultants and partners; and gathering and tracking information to prepare a variety of communications and other content. The person hired for this role must be able to work effectively on their own and with members of our diverse team and external partners. As a strong project manager, the Coordinator must be highly organized, have excellent attention to detail, and be able to plan and carry out events from start to finish. The Coordinator must also be skilled at juggling multiple projects and tasks at a time and should be interested in researching and implementing approaches to improve the organization’s systems and processes. This is a remote position.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s systems for project management, knowledge management, internal communications, and general operations
- Work with the Director and Senior Associate of Membership and Future Chiefs to identify and create more efficient internal processes
- Codify best operational practices and functions and identify areas and methods for improvement
- Develop guide manuals and tools to support key organizational systems and processes
- Organize, manage, and maintain databases to track relevant information, including objectives and deadlines, for a variety of projects and initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists in multiple databases, including Salesforce and Google spreadsheets
- Provide generalized support for CFC staff and projects, including research, analysis, and project coordination with an eye toward improving outcomes and increasing efficiency
- Draft communications for the Membership and Future Chiefs team
- Assist with calendar management and meeting documentation
- Provide administrative support for projects and events
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of full-time professional work experience
- A deep belief in the capacity of all students to achieve at high levels
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of partners and stakeholders
- Ability to simultaneously handle a variety of projects and complex tasks
- Ability to synthesize complex information and make strategic decisions
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, Forms, etc.)
- Experience creating compelling communications for Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook platforms
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about supporting and elevating education systems leaders
- Is highly organized and detail oriented
- Is a critical thinker
- Is eager to present new ideas
- Is a highly resourceful team player who is also effective working independently
- Is a strong writer and researcher
- Is a skilled and responsive project manager
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working on a collaborative team
- Centers diversity, equity, and inclusion in daily interactions and decision making
- Can effectively prioritize projects and tasks to meet deadlines
- Seeks opportunities to grow as a professional and strengthen the organization’s work
- Follows developments in K-12 education and applies relevant knowledge
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. As we are a small team, we are not able to respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates who we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are a small team, we are not able to directly respond to each inquiry. We will reach out directly to those candidates that we select to move forward in the interview process. We believe diversity is a source of strength and welcome applicants of all races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.