Chiefs for Change (CFC) is seeking someone with a knack for details, the ability to see a project through from conception to delivery, and a passion for education. Reporting to the Director of Membership and Future Chiefs, the intern will work with the Membership and Future Chiefs team to create, plan, and execute systems that support our future chief and membership base including vetting candidates, updating information, researching student outcomes, and providing logistical support for in-person and virtual convenings. The intern will work closely with program staff throughout the organization to maintain our client database and coordinate the collection, entry, storage, analysis, and reporting of information used to measure outcomes, formulate organizational dashboards and reports.
The role requires an individual who cares deeply about educational equity, the mission of Chiefs for Change, and the work of our members. The ideal candidate will have a passion for research and analysis, evidence of strong organizational skills, and an appetite for learning. This role is a remote position.
- Manage and update the CFC Future Chief and Membership lists
- Conduct and source research of state and district leadership and outcomes
- Complete other research and special projects as assigned
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Provide project support as time and expertise allow
- Candidates must be either graduate-level students or recent graduates within one to three years of completing their degrees. A degree can be substituted with an equivalent two to four years of work experience. Other requirements include:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Sense of humor, strong work ethic, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e. Gmail, calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Proficient at PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Preferred: Experience managing and updating Salesforce
We require that you have your own computer or laptop to complete projects and tasks. This is a remote flex internship that requires up to 20 hours per week, and that offers a flexible schedule of Monday-Friday during normal business hours. This position will be paid an hourly wage of $22 an hour as a contractor (1099 position). The internship is expected to last 6 -12 months.