The Mount Gilead School District Board of Education has identified the following qualifications as having particular importance for the position of superintendent. The ideal candidate must be committed to the highest personal and professional standards and exhibit leadership in the district and community. The candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Visionary and innovative skills necessary to develop a clear vision for the district with input from internal and external stakeholder;
- Strong spokesperson who can publicly celebrate and market the successes of the school district;
chief executive who will keep the Board fully informed and current with matters about the schools and who will forge a strong partnership based on mutual trust and respect;
- Decisive educational leader who has a strong background in student achievement and who can develop action plans to improve the district’s report card and increase student achievement;
excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills to maintain a strategic direction;
- Articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work tactfully, creatively, and visibly with board members, administrators, staff, students, parents, community, and elected state officials;
- Ability to instill trust in the community and at all staff levels by being approachable;
willingness to become active in the school community and be comfortable with high visibility and accessibility;
- Educational team leader who is able to develop, supervise, and support teaching and administrative talent, who inspires high performance standards with accountability, and who finds satisfaction in the success of others.
How to Apply
This position is within one of our members’ systems, please contact them directly with any questions or to apply.